March 21, 2013 Leave a comment
Just got the announcement from our friends at Southwest Chamber Music detailing the four concert Summer Season they’ll be offering at The Huntington. I like it. A nice mix of old and new, rare and familiar.
- Stravinsky under the stars? Check.
- Britten Anniversary? Check.
- Eine Kleine Nachtmusik? Check
- Works by living composers Oliver Knussen and Gabriela Ortiz? Check.
- And the ever present “much more”
Full details after the jump below.
The concerts offer the very nice setting of The Huntington’s Loggia, with a choice of seating
- On the Loggia itself if one prefers a somewhat more formal seating in a space with very good acoustics, OR
- On the lawn where you can spread out a blanket, have a picnic while listening to the music, and be more laid back (literally and figuratively), all for less than half the price for single tickets.
Details and tickets (for both the concerts themselves and pre-concert Tea Room dinners, if one were interested) are available now on Southwest’s website (HERE).