For those of us who appreciate a good deal on concert tickets — and let’s face it, that’s all of us — comes news that the Los Angeles Philharmonic is offering a 50% discount for all seven of their Classical Tuesday/Thursday concerts at the Hollywood Bowl in the month of July.
The deal is available for bench seats in sections M and N, meaning tickets that are normally $30 are going for only $15 — not bad, eh? The only trick: you have to sign up for a free membership to LivingSocial (or already be a member) to get the discount. Click HERE for the details.
Concerts in July include:
- July 9: Michael Tilson Thomas conducting the Mahler 2nd
- July 11: Gil Shaham plays Sibelius Violin Concerto, plus MTT conducts Tchaikovsky 4th and some Rimsky-Korsakov
- July 16: Johannes Moser is the soloist in Elgar’s Cello Concerto w/ Bramwell Tovey conducting; also includes some Britten & Sibelius
- July 18: Mr. Tovey conducts Berlioz’s Symphonie Fantastique & Dukas’ Sorcerer’s Apprentice, plus Martin Chalifour, the LA Phil’s Principal Concertmaster, plays the Glazunov Violin Concerto
- July 23: Two from Stravinsky: The Rite of Spring and Fireworks, with Rafael Frühbeck de Burgos conducting; Augustin Hadelich is the soloist in Tchaikovsky’s Violin Concerto
- July 25: Two tri-named musicians, Rafael Frühbeck de Burgos and Jean-Yves Thibaudet, perform Liszt and Respighi
- July 30: Katia & Marielle Labèque are featured in Mendelssohn’s Concerto for Two Pianos, plus Bernard Labadie conducts Mozart and Schubert
Photo credit: courtesy of Los Angeles Philharmonic Association